- 2½ ounces sharp, coarsely grated
- 2½ ounces Colby cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 slices (1/2-in.-thick) bread
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Spread bread slices with a thin layer of butter.
- Evenly divide the grated cheese over two slices of the bread. Top with remaining two slices.
- Over medium heat, heat half the butter in a large (12-inch) skillet. Place sandwiches in skillet. Spread remaining butter over the top slices of bread. Cover skillet. Cook about 3 minutes, until underside is golden brown.
- Carefully flip sandwiches with spatula and continue cooking, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is melted and underside is browned. Serve immediately.
Cheese used in this recipe: